Littlethorpe Manor Gardens
A garden for all seasons
The gardens are in the small village of Littlethorpe positioned on the southern edge of Ripon characterised by houses interspersed with fields. The focal point of the village is St Michael’s Church, consecrated in1878 and a Chapel of Ease of Ripon Cathedral.
Set in the 11 acre grounds of Littlethorpe Manor, the gardens have been designed and developed over the last 14 years by Head Gardener, Eddie Harland. There are 4 acres of formal gardens and lawns around the house, with 7 acres of parkland below a large retaining wall.
The gardens first opened to the public in 2002 through the National Garden Scheme, a registered charity established in 1927 raising money to support nursing and caring charities such as We Are MacMillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie Cancer Care, Help the Hospices to name a few. 20% of all income from garden visits will continue to be donated to the NGS in the future.